How Do You Like Our New Jingle!
Me Time Is So Hard To Find, Luxury Made Easy, In the Nick of Time!
Home Hotel Hospital Events Nursing Homes Weddings Workplace
We just go our new jingle finished and are super excited about it! Thanks to singer Tara Ouden for the vocals and arrangement!
In the Nick of Time is the premier mobile salon and spa. Our stylists, barbers and massage therapists come to your location with all supplies and equipment to give you the ultimate spa experience. Our services are convenient, affordable and fun! Pick your own stylist based upon their portfolio and prices and they come to you. In the Nick of Time: The Elite Mobile Salon & Spa is the perfect solution to your time woes, beauty and relaxation needs. In the Nick of Time stylists, barbers and massage therapists provide services in DC, MD, and VA.
We Come On-Site To Your Location!
It’s Your Big Day!
Your Makeup Has To Stay!
The question was asked: How can I ensure my makeup lasts throughout my wedding day?
This is a day to remember, so much planning, so much prepping but it is finally here!
Your mind could be on your groom, but since you know he will always be there your mind then focuses on something that may run that day… your makeup!!
It’s always good to have a plan of how your makeup will last throughout your entire wedding day. We have compiled some tips that our brides find most useful!
8 Tips To Make Your Wedding Day Makeup Last
1. Select a great makeup artist! One that will listen to what your wishes are and give you ideas from prior wedding experience!
2. Start with a clean, washed face. No matter how wild your bachelorette party was, this is a new day, new face, new life… 😉
3. Have your makeup artist use a good primer on your face to keep makeup in place
4. Use a setting spray to set your makeup. If you do not have that, a brief mist of regular hair spray will work as well.
5. Waterproof eyeliner and mascara are a must!
6. If you would like to get a facial before your wedding, do so 3-4 days before. Sometimes facials can bring out impurities that can make your skin vulnerable temporarily. 3-4 days allows all of that to occur before your big day.
7. Try to blot tears, on wedding day; avoid wiping tears to ensure makeup does not smudge and run onto the tissue
8. Pick an amazing maid/matron of honor to have touch up blush, eyeliner and lipstick.
Remember: Your makeup is essentially for the pictures! When you are doing a makeup trial, take pictures in great lighting get a gist of what you will look like!
The question was asked: Is it safe to color my hair when pregnant?
Yes you may! Coloring your hair while pregnant is not a problem at all provided you seek professional guidance first. You can use ammonia free hair color products as well as highlight your hair, but being careful not to apply color to your scalp.
Things to remember!
– Use ammonia- free base/ semi permanent or all natural hair dye like Henna
– Test a strand first
– Do this in open space, properly ventilated
– Better to be in done after 1st trimester
Thank you so much for asking your question! For all beauty and relaxation questions please submit by e-mail
Why go out for a blow dry, when you can have
THE SALON COME TO YOU!
A great blow dry can be the difference in your look!
Flat hair & unmanageable tangles all are made great with a #perfectblowdry! Have a blow dry bar in your home!
( Go Hokies!)
1. Start with a great hair wash & condition.
Make sure your stylist never forgets to condition your hair.
With all the heat, stress, and oils that our hair has so to put up with, a great conditioner will soften and give your hair the bouncy shine it needs!
3. Your stylist will let your hair “set” in the clips for 5-10 minutes and then unravel the curls!
This is where your bouncy, shiny hair can be let free and styled! To keep these bouncy curls it is best to pin curl your hair every night for the best results!
What Is Hair Weave & Hair Extensions?
Artificial hair integration’s which adds length and/or fullness to human hair. This can be obtain by either clips, glue, and braiding techniques.
Hair Extensions Past, Present Future
In the early 1900’s Hair Extensions were seen as a luxury, and only people who had a surplus of money could afford them. The extensions of this era were called switches and they were clipped into hair, quite similar to what we do today.
There is also evidence that human hair extensions were widely used back in ancient Egypt as cosmetic adornment and this dates back as far as 3400 BC.
Worn by Pharaohs and other important people these extensions
were attached to the hair using a complex system of weaving and knotting techniques.
In present day we have all kinds of Hair Extensions and techniques to suit your fancy from bonding ,to braiding tracks which we attach the hair on , and micro linking just to name a few.
The best quality hair used today is Malaysian virgin hair. Malaysian hair resembles your genuine hair. They also have less expensive hair as well, although the hair looks just as good the hair results aren’t as long lasting as the Malaysian virgin hair. Long hair seems to represent power and passion for ladies and femininity. These days with technology increasing you see celebrity and media changing the way ladies achieve that special look. Even wigs are starting to play a big role in the hair industry.
So what will we expect for the future of weaves and extension? Who knows but at the rate we are going from past and present the sky is the limit!